An ERP system in logistics that is integrated into the Business system can align the following elements to business goals effortlessly to create an integrated landscape of high-performance Logistics and Distribution.
Advantages of relying on a Logistics ERP solution
Enterprises are looking for optimization through integrated systems, 360-degree visibility, and an asset-light and future-proofed intelligence-embedded technology to carry out complex activities in logistics.
Distribution ERP systems are driving the transportation and logistics industry in the right direction since they,
- Offer resilient supply networks for seamless workflows during manufacturing, consolidation, dispatch, distribution, and delivery.
- Integrate robust & global multi-mode and multi-route transportation functionalities
- Leverage automation for warehouse operations, RFID support, synchronized shipping and transportation
- Manage multi-supply chain partnerships and collaborations
- Enable cloud deployment with minimal infra investments.
- Integrate digital assistants, mobility, and data analytics to business systems.
- Help maximize yields and improve responsiveness for omnichannel needs.
- Help focus on quality through periodic report generation.
- Facilitate barcode generation, scanning, and auto-tracking capabilities of goods before, during storage and after transfer.
- Capacitate hassle-free freight forwarding.
- Auto-map products to ideal transportation type.
- Container listing with product attributes and barcode reading.
ERP in Logistics/Transportation Management
User, Supplier, Customer
- Purchase, sale & warehouse management
- Connected travellers experience
- Manage complex warehouse routes
- Product definition
- Push & pull flows
- Charts of A/CS
Benefits of ERP for Logistics Industry
Governance with Real-Time Tracking
Optimized Inventory Control
Enhanced Staff Management
Key modules in an ERP system for the distribution business.
Accounting & Invoicing
The Accounts module of an ERP system in logistics offers insights into the key accounting processes and outcomes of your logistics business. Automated financial records and entries of accounting activities such as Sales Invoice, Purchase Invoice and Payments can be viewed, edited (controlled editing), escalated, etc. The features include:
- Multi-type and multi-currency accounting report generation
- Payment receivables reminders
- Automatic PO, invoice, and bill generation
- Detailed analytical reports on sales, purchase, & gross profit generation
- Management of tariffs & discounts for both suppliers and customers
- Maintenance of rates across different modes (Road, Air, Rail, Sea, etc.)
- Auto-configuration of new financial modules
- Carrier Rate integration
- FTL and LTL rate engine integration
- Revenue leakage detection
- Flexible customer invoicing capabilities (order cancellation, reorder, new orders, discounts, loyalty programs, discounts, etc.
The CRM module in a distribution ERP system will help strengthen customer relations and gauge customer expectations and experience with the logistics services. Multiple channels of customer touch-points like e-mails, feedback, grievances, ticketing system, auto-reminders for a callback, etc. can be integrated with an ERP system in logistics to render results that help leverage customer satisfaction. Social media metrics and posts analysis are the key capabilities of this ERP module.
This wholesale distribution ERP module accesses information from multi-modal transport networks and handles all the key processes centrally. Shipment management, order management, VSRC (Vehicle, Schedule, Routes, and Constraints) planning, load scheduling, mobile QR generation, load consolidation, carrier selection (auto and manual), toll management, freight forwarding, cross-dock yard management, process execution, documentation, and billing are some significant areas covered by this ERP software.
Inventory & Warehouse Management
IoT integration for process-based progressive data generation, serial number tracking, and incorporation of value-added services can be done easily with this ERP module for logistics. The fulfillment logic for managing waves, constraint-based selections, dynamic replenishment, and the implementation of auditing-approved counting cycles can be established with this module.
The key features include:
- Resources, damaged stock & insurance management
- Carrier integration for label generation, manifest creation, etc.
- Stock quantity projection
- Storage space management and capacity planning
- Stock batch management
- Classification-based product bundling and segregation
- Automatic quality check during receipt and dispatch of goods
Fleet and Asset Management
In-house fleet to carry out tasks while reducing the total cost of operations can be managed with this module for ERP distribution. Visibility on asset condition, planned and unplanned maintenance activities, maintenance budgets and the management of the complete life cycle of the assets can be obtained using this module.
Maintenance, repair, and overhaul activities can be pre-planned with the predictive analytics capabilities of the ERP system in logistics
Some important features include:
- Seamless Asset induction to an existing AMSn
- Cost-efficient asset retirement plan recommendationsn
- Fleet allocation based on maintenance schedules, trip route, delivery volume, and cargo compatibilityn
- Full and partial options for work order capitalization
We help manage in-transit, goods outward, emergency, and central hub connectivity with this module. Activities like arrival, departure, no-claim of goods, returns, resource planning, parent-child execution, carrier schedules, quantity mismatches, good consolidation, segregation, hub audits, quality checks, compliance and more can be managed with this module.
This module helps in the management of material request and procurement. The vital functionalities include:
- Request for Quotation creation
- PO creation for the best quote
- Manage multi-vendor quotes
- Purchase price data analytics
- Delivery time and product quality analysis
- Buffer stock maintenance and automatic stock purchase requisition
Human Resource Management
ERP in logistics can help manage in-house and contractual employees at distribution hubs, dispatch centers, and support centers efficiently. The features of this module include:
- Employee attendance management
- Automatic Payroll & expense claim processing
- Leave/holiday management
- Insurance/Expense claim management
- Job openings and applicant management
- Professional Appraisal system
- Training and orientation
- Feedback collection
This module helps the management assess why the demand for business is low and what improvement plans need to be laid down. It helps provide best-in-class customer support and grievance management mechanisms.
The features include:
- Customer issue tracking, escalation, and resolution quality analysis
- Generation of tickets and auto-email notifications
- Management of invoices for maintenance and repairs
- Customer feedback management
- Automatic digital assistance monitoring for common queries
We can empower your Logistics business with ERP modules in a single app that:
- Provide Purchase, Sales and Warehouse Management.
- Improve business accuracy and speed
- Improve ROI
- Allow Connected traveler Experience
- Reduce human resource requirements with process automation
- Enhance business visibility
- Optimise Cargo transportation
- Improve tracking through managing complex warehouse routes
- Prepare real Time stock valuation
- Accelerate business leads